The Weeks Law Firm, PLLC is hiring an Associate Attorney to handle uncontested guardianship and probate cases, as well as estate planning. The Weeks Law Firm is a boutique firm in Plano, Texas, that focuses on estate and special needs planning, guardianship and probate.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Attorney will conduct client consultations, plan and draft estate planning documents, prepare guardianship and probate pleadings, attend court hearings, and assist the managing attorney. The attorney will manage the case docket, develop effective processes and procedures, and oversee the paralegal’s work. You will also assist with firm marketing efforts, including networking, presenting at workshops, and drafting articles and social media posts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and in good standing with the State Bar
- 3 years experience in uncontested guardianship and probate cases preferred
- Ability to hit the ground running with guardianship and probate cases
- Enthusiastic, articulate, compassionate and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and experience with document assembly and client management programs preferred
- Have a heart for helping others and working with clients who are elderly or have disabilities
- Excellent communicator who easily builds rapport with clients
- Desire and ability to provide excellent service to our clients
- Works well as a team member, with a positive and supportive attitude toward co-workers
- Goal-oriented with a desire to succeed and grow
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Initial job interviews will be conducted by Zoom.
We are working in our office on most days, with initial consultations and court hearings conducted by Zoom. Estate planning document signing appointments are in the office.