Free Government Benefits for Special Needs Families Workshop
February 21, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm CSTFree
Government Benefits for Special Needs Families Workshop Presented by TXGPS
Families with special needs need to have an understanding of government benefits available to them as part of planning a future for their loved one. These benefits can help supplement a person’s income, qualify a person for extra help, and help them receive healthcare and community supports.
At this presentation we will discuss
- How to receive government cash benefits
- What is Social Security Disability?
- What is Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
- Important tips for applying for a disability benefit
- Working and receiving SSI
- How to manage and keep your benefits
- What is Medicaid and what does it offer?
- How to get help taking care of your child in your home
- How to find additional resources and help
- Checklist and helpful community resources
- Complementary refreshments
Presented by Teresa Center, LMSW, TXGPS