North Texas Giving Day-2014
Today is North Texas Giving Day, an online giving event that provides nonprofits the opportunity to gain exposure. Every donation of $25 or more to a local non-profit in north Texas is multiplied with bonus funds or matching grants. At the Weeks Law Firm in Plano, we have donated to our favorite local organizations that help individuals with special needs.
- My Possibilities: A terrific full-day, continued learning program for adults with disabilities in North Texas
- Association for Independent Living: Dallas transitional life skills campus with supervised apartments for young men and women with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Community for Permanent Supported Housing: Helping adults in North Texas with cognitive and social challenges obtain safe, affordable housing with support to help them be as independent as possible and be good neighbors.
- Coventry Reserve: Loving, creative day program in Wylie, Texas for adults with special needs
- nonPareil: Technology company that provides technical training to adults on the autism spectrum, where they learn teamwork, find community and work to achieve fulfilled lives
These are wonderful organizations that help our friends with special needs, and we hope this year’s North Texas Giving Day is a great day for them.